May 04, 2010

My Dad, Terraced House Books










Last week I missed the Saturday morning trawl round the charity shops, as I had to work, but luckily Becky came back laden with goodies. Including a set of dual language picture books, in English & Panjabi. Ive been picking up 1970s photographic childrens books, for a while now.

This set entitled " The Terraced House Books " document Britain in the 70s brilliantly! The pick of the bunch was My Dad first published by Methuen in 1978. Written by Peter C Heaslip with photographs by John Bennett.

If you cant view the text, its worth double clicking the image, to get a closer look! Some of the highlights below.























Tomorrow would have been my Dads 80th Birthday. Sadly he died over ten years ago. As a little tribute Ive posted a photo of him, in the front room in the 1950s. He didnt like beer! Happy Birthday Dad!


No comments: