March 18, 2010

Emanuele Luzzatti



















A while back I posted The Pirates Tale, illustrated by Jill McDonald. It was one of my favourite books as a child. I had meant to post, a whole host of books that had captured my imagination as a boy, but somehow never quite got round to it. So here is the second book in the series by the Emanuelle Luzzatti; Ronald & The Wizard Calico, first published in 1962.

It really is a gem! I can remember being completely enthralled by the images and copied the knights endlessly. This is the only book I have by Luzzatti, but there are others. Whats more, is there are some fantastic animations that were Oscar nominated, no less. Below is The Invisible City by Luzzatti, which he co-authored with Giulio Gianini. Its absolutely charming!



Luzzatti died in 2007, aged 85. You can read his obituary at the Guardian

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.